Image 1 of 1

20140713gs_2271_Burgersdorp_Church.jpg

Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download
BURGERSDORP - 13 July 2014 - The Dutch Reformed Church in Burgersdorp seen here was inaugurated in December 2013. Building of the sandstone structure started in 1912 and replaced the previous church building that had existed since 1849. It has seating capacity for 1200 people. The pulpit is teak and the framework of the organ is of Eastern oak. The congregation was established in 1846 and the same congreation was responsible for the establishment of the town, which was built on a farm bought by the Dutch Reformed Church. The building has been declared a national monument. Picture: Allied Picture Press/APP
Copyright
Giordano Stolley 2014
Image Size
3445x2297 / 1.9MB
Contained in galleries
Travel
BURGERSDORP - 13 July 2014 - The Dutch Reformed Church in Burgersdorp seen here was inaugurated in December 2013. Building of the sandstone structure started in 1912 and replaced the previous church building that had existed since 1849.  It has seating capacity for 1200 people. The pulpit is teak and the framework of the organ is of Eastern oak. The congregation was established in 1846 and the same congreation was responsible for the establishment of the town, which was built on a farm bought by the Dutch Reformed Church. The building has been declared a national monument. Picture: Allied Picture Press/APP