KIMBERLEY - 22 June 2014 - Kimberley's oldest house was prefabricated in England in 1877, shipped to South Africa and then carted by ox-wagon from the coast to Kimberley. It was erected at 14 Pniel Road and the first registered owner was a Mr AJ Petersen. The house was moved to this site in Kimberley's historic old town in 1952. Next to it stands the city's old Lutheran Church. Kimberley was founded in the late 1870s following the discovery of diamonds.Picture: Allied Picture Press/APP
Credit: Allied Picture Press/APP
Date: 22 Jun 2014 City/Location: Kimberley
Country: South Africa
Conditions: One time usage only and no redistribution rights unless otherwise agreed. Internet sites of print publications are deemed to be separate publications in their own right.
Copyright Giordano Stolley 2014